2024 Great American Gardener Awards Nomination Open Now
Nominations are still being accepted for the American Horticultural Society’s (AHS) 2024 Great American Gardeners Awards.
Every year, the AHS celebrates outstanding achievements, encourages excellence and inspires innovation in the art and science of horticulture through its Great American Gardeners Awards program. Six categories of awards will be recognized in 2024:
• Liberty Hyde Bailey Award: Given to an individual who’s made significant lifetime contributions to at least three of the following horticultural fields: teaching, research, communications, plant exploration, administration, art, business and leadership.
• Emerging Horticultural Professional Award: Given in the early stages of an individual’s career, this award recognizes significant achievements and/or leadership that have advanced the field of horticulture in America.
• Garden Stewardship Award: Given to a public garden that embraces and exemplifies sustainable horticultural practices in design, maintenance and/or programs.
• Horticultural Innovation Award: Given to an individual or company whose innovations have made the field of horticulture more sustainable and accessible to all.
• H. Marc Cathey Award: Recognizes outstanding scientific research that has enriched the field of horticulture.
• Jane L. Taylor Award: Given to an individual, organization or program that has inspired and nurtured future horticulturists through efforts in children’s and youth gardening.
The nomination form is available at ahsgardening.org and will be accepted through September 29, 2023. AHS, founded in 1922, is an educational, nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that recognizes and promotes excellence in American horticulture. One of the oldest and most prestigious gardening organizations, AHS is dedicated to sharing with all Americans the critical role of plants, gardens and green spaces in creating healthy, livable communities and a sustainable planet. To learn more, visit ahsgardening.org. GT