AmericanHort Welcomes New Board Members & Officers for 2021-2022
AmericanHort announced the election of three new members to the board of directors, along with the election of a new slate of officers. The official welcome and installation will take place at Cultivate’21 held July 10-13, in Columbus, Ohio.
The new officers include:
• Cole Mangum as the new chairman of the board and is vice president of operations for Bell Nursery in Elkridge, Maryland
• Jon Reelhorn as vice chairman of the board and is owner and president of Belmont Nursery located in Fresno, California
• Harvey Cotton, a garden writer, designer and consultant, is now treasurer
• Tom Hughes of Hughes Nursery & Landscaping LLC will become the immediate past chairman
The AmericanHort membership has also elected the following new board directors:
• Rob Lando, CEO of Oberlin, Ohio-based AgriNomix, is being elected to a second director term
• Steve Mostardi is owner and general manager of Mostardi Nursery, a retail garden center located in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
• Lyndsi Oestmann, president of Loma Vista Nursery in Ottawa, Kansas
These new directors will join current directors Gerry Docksteader, Advanced Horticultural Solutions; Mike Gooder, Plantpeddler, Inc.; Joe Hobson, Midwest Trading Horticultural Supplies, Inc.; Amy Morris, N. G. Heimos Greenhouses; Ed Overdevest, Overdevest Nurseries LP; and Jonathan Saperstein, Everde Growers.
AmericanHort and its members also want to thank outgoing board members Susie Raker-Zimmerman of Raker-Roberta’s Young Plants who served six years on the board, including as immediate past chairwoman; and Chris McCorkle of McCorkle Nurseries Inc. who completes a three-year term in July. GT