Equipment and Supplies
Visit www.rittenhouse.ca for a wide selection of sprayers, watering equipment, pumps, parts and accessories. Serving the Horticultural Industry for over 90 years.
Tel: (800) 461-1041
Custom made to fit your space and needs. Midwest GROmaster since 1986
Rolling, stationary or tiered systems.
Phone: (847) 888-3558
For Sale or Lease
20 +/- Acre Nursery
Polk City, FL
217,000 sq. ft. of greenhousesE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
PRIVA control system
9,000 sq. ft. warehouse
Greenhouses on 6.34 Acres in Western Loudoun County, Virginia. Six gutter-connected Nexus Teton Greenhouses – 16,128 sq. ft. heated by Siebring oil furnaces, Two Paul Boyer houses – 5,760 sq. ft. heated by Modine propane heaters. Barn/garage. Room to expand. $1,200,000. Contact:Pearson Smith Realty
Contact: JoWilla Beck
Phone: (703) 618-0305
In our third decade of performing confidential key employee searches for the horticulture industry and allied trades worldwide. Retained basis only. Candidate contact welcome, confidential, and always free.
1740 Lake Markham Rd.
Sanford , FL 32771
Tel: (407) 320-8177
Fax (407) 320-8083
Web site: www.florasearch.com
Express Seed Company of Oberlin, Ohio is now accepting resumes for account managers for a variety of regions in North America. E-mail: email@example.com
Express Seed Company has been serving the commercial grower market and representing the industry’s leading suppliers since 1982.
Qualified applicants must possess experience working in our industry and serving the commercial greenhouse grower along with the following:
• Solid understanding of the industry and product knowledge
• Successful sales track record with a desire to achieve more
• Exceptional organization, time-management and communication skills
• Self-Motivated with a strong work ethic
Please send your resume to:
W. Atlee Burpee Company, the leading supplier to the American home gardener, has an immediate opening for a Full Time Section Grower at our Willow Hill facility located in Fannettsburg, PA.E-mail: HR@burpee.com
Key Responsibilities for the Grower Position include:
• Develops and utilizes a weekly written pre-plan for what needs to be done for the next week
• Inspects greenhouses and can identify moisture requirements, status of the plants and possible problems/issues
• Scout for insects and disease and apply appropriate controls
The ideal candidate will have a Degree in Horticulture, Floriculture or related field of study and at least 2-5+ years’ commercial growing experience. Effective communication skills, current knowledge of greenhouse equipment, and the ability to train, supervise, and motivate a team of seasonal employees required for successful achievement of position goals. Must be detail-oriented and self-directed. PGR experience a plus.
The company is offering a competitive compensation and benefits package. For immediate consideration for the Grower position, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to HR@burpee.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ball Ingenuity Culture Research Grower
Ball Horticultural Company
Work location: West Chicago, IL
Full-time, benefit-eligible position
Key ResponsibilitiesBall Horticultural Company
Ball Ingenuity is a division of Ball Seed that partners with outside breeders to commercialize exclusive new products for the North American greenhouse market. The Culture Research Grower Position for Ball Ingenuity will play an integral role in the trialing and evaluation of new crops with a strong focus on cultural research to assist in determining crop production strategies at the stock, cutting production, propagation, and finishing stages. This role will be part of a small, dynamic team to continually improve successful product launches and development.
• Interact with the Head of Ball Ingenuity and greenhouse staff to create best cultural practices.
• Assist with developing crucial information that will be entered in product data bases.
• Responsible for conducting cultural trials to develop crop culture.
• Communicate trial requirements and results to Ball Ingenuity Product Managers and breeders.
• Develop internal and external presentations of findings.
• Conduct problem solving research post crop introduction.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned and required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Horticulture, or equivalent work experience in greenhouse production and/or research.
2. Holds or can obtain a pesticide applicators license.
3. Attention to detail and excellent follow-through are required.
4. Self-motivated with the desire to seek out opportunities to contribute to Ball Ingenuity’s success.
5. Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities at one time and seeing them to completion as well as flexibility are required.
6. Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to work with all levels of an organization.
7. Ability to work with Word, Power Point, and Excel
8. Skilled in using Excel in analysis.
9. Some travel as needed to customers and rooting stations, 10%.
1. Ability to stand for period of time in the greenhouse when required.
2. Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Scope of Responsibility
Interested candidates should forward their resume with salary history to:
Contact: Ms. Sandi Laubenthal, Human Resources Manager
622 Town Rd.
West Chicago, IL
Plants, Seeds, and Flowers
* "Red Beauty" and "Black Beautiful" varietiesPhone: (713) 234-6442
* Striking red or black foliage
* Large, pretty hibiscus-like flowers
* Brings color and contrast to any garden
* Great for containers, flower beds and borders
Buy online at www.cottonacres.com OR www.mrcseeds.com
Available September 1Barnes Greenhouse
Dracaena spike in 512 tray 400 count .07 each. Sprengeri in 392 tray 375 count .10 each. Vinca vine (3ppp) in 72 tray .44 each.
Available November 1
Dracaena in 72 tray .36 each. Sprengeri in 72 tray .36 each. Vernalized perennial plugs in 50 tray .40 each.
Phone: (716) 679-1069
Fax: (716) 672-4743
3187 Main Road
Hardy Garden Mums
Zone 4. Over 80 varieties. Many University of Minnesota cultivars with some varieties dating back to the l950's. Mums from your grandma's flower garden-spoons, decorative & football. Contact your favorite broker. E-mail for brochure.Mums From Minnesota
3135 - 227th Street E.
• Spring Valley Gardens in Niagara Ontario now offering Dormant HydrangeasE-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Available for forcing Easter and Mother’s Day 2019.
• Traditional varieties as well as HBA varieties available.
Please contact for availability and pricing:
Blueberry Nursery Stock
From Patio Pots to Edible Landscapes- Fall Creek Farm & Nursery
Blueberries can do it all.
Plants Available Now
Phone: (800) 538-3001
25 strip liners, mixed 50 cell trays (5 each of 10 varieties) of succulents or premium echeverias per tray, finished bowls, wine bottles, 5" mixed pots. Over 70 varieties. Contact your favorite broker. E-mail for brochure.Faribault Growers, Inc.
3135 - 227th Street E.
Vista Farms S.E.
Bougainvillea Liners - 30 varieties.
We are represented by most brokers.
PO Box 1834 Juana Diaz PR 00795
Tel: (787) 837-9077
Fax: (787) 837-5909
Alamo, TX 78516
Tel: (800) 237-5326 or (956) 464-8663
Unrooted Hydrangea Cuttings
The largest collection for your selection. Phone or write for prices and varieties grown.
Oregon Hydrangea Company
15696 Hwy. 101 So.
Brookings OR 97415
Tel: (541) 469-3136
Fax: (541) 469-0563